Champion DOT 5 Silicone-Based Brake Fluid is a polysiloxane based fluid designed for use in non-ABS hydraulic braking applications. Unlike glycol-based fluids, our silicone-based brake fluid does not affect paint finish and does not absorb moisture. Champion Silicone DOT 5 also has a much more consistent viscosity profile and provides excellent lubrication of brake system components – leading to more consistent brake feel and longer component life.
• Low vapor pressure eliminates vapor lock
• Extremely high dry and wet boiling points
• Does not absorb moisture
• Does not peel or blister paint or finish
• High viscosity stability improves brake feel in all climates
• Conforms to FMVSS 116 (DOT 5) and MIL-PRF-46176B Do not use in ABS-equipped braking systems.
Does not mix with DOT 3, DOT 4, or DOT 5.1 fluids.